ripper n : a murderer who slashes the victims with a knife; "Jack the ripper was probably a madman"
- (UK): /ˈrɪpə/, /"rIp@/
- (US): , /ˈrɪpɚ/, /"rIp@`/
- Rhymes with: -ɪpə(r)
- Something that rips (something).
- Someone who rips (something).
- A legislative bill or act that transfers powers of appointment from the usual holders to a chief executive or a board of officials.
- A murderer who kills and often mutilates victims with a blade or similar sharp weapon.
- In the context of "mining": A hook-like tool used to tear away ore, rock, etc.
- In the context of "UK|slang": Something that is an excellent example of its kind.
- Software that extracts content from files or storage media.
something that rips (something)
someone who rips (something)
legislative bill or act
murderer who kills and often mutilates victims with a blade
slang: something that is an excellent example of its kind
- American Heritage 2000
- WordNet 2003
Ripper may refer to:
- Jack the Ripper, a pseudonym given to an unidentified serial killer (or killers) active in the largely impoverished Whitechapel area and adjacent districts of London in the latter half of 1888
- The Yorkshire Ripper, the serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, who killed thirteen women in Yorkshire during the 1970s
- Brandon Vedas, a man who died of drug overdose on IRC
- Tim "Ripper" Owens, Heavy Metal singer
- CD ripper, a piece of software that reads compact discs and extracts audio data and stores it in an audio format computer file
- DVD ripper, a computer application that copies the contents of a DVD to a harddisk
- Ripper (copier), a person who is seriously and continuously involved in the ripping process
- John the Ripper, a password cracking tool
- A slater's tool with a blade and a hook, used for removing broken slate
- A moveable hard steel hook on the back of a bulldozer used to break up hard soil or pavement
- Ripper (game), a computer game released in 1996 by Take-Two Interactive
- Ripper (Harry Potter), the name of Aunt Marge's bulldog in the Harry Potter series of novels
- Ripper (Slade), the fourth novel in Michael Slade's long running Special X series
- Ripper (film), a 2001 horror film, starring A. J. Cook and Bruce Payne
- Ripper (television), a proposed spin-off series or made-for-TV movie from the tv series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Rupert Giles, a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer who was also known as "Ripper"
- Rippers, a type of creature in the Metroid video game franchise
- A race of mutant kangaroo–human hybrids in the graphic novel/movie Tank Girl
- 'Ripper', the villain played by Tom Noonan in the Arnold Schwarzenegger film Last Action Hero
ripper in German: Ripper
ripper in French: Ripper
ripper in Polish: Ripper
ripper in Portuguese: Ripar